Monday 1 September 2014

We’re Going Through Changes


Those of you with memories may remember a post that I made a few weeks ago. I posted to say that Muppets For Justice would be going through some dramatic changes.  Muppets For Justice will no longer be Muppets For Justice and Addman will no longer be Addman.  Green will no longer be a colour on any observable scale, and all human endeavours shall be rendered null and void on a grander cosmic scale.

So yes, big changes are underfoot.  This Blog will be having a full redesign and the name is changing.  After weeks of speculation, I can now reveal the new name that I’ve settled on:



Calmer Chameleons!

This name change is important for many reasons.  Firstly, some of my early MfJ postings were pointlessly furious and politically charged, which is something I wanted to distance myself from a little bit (hence the name Calmer).  Secondly, Chameleons are famous for changing colour, just like the standalone, disconnected posts I intend to produce. Thirdly, and most importantly, it is an amusing pun.

I will also be changing my name on my Blogger profile, so don’t expect to see Addman appearing on your comments feeds anymore.  The veil has finally been lifted on the world's worst kep secret, and I can reveal my true identity:



Oops, sorry, I mean:



Hello, my name is Adam and my hobbies include writing, hiking, watching films, and drive bys on playa haters.

I’m sure that you all feel much closer to me now.  Can you feel me near you, breathing in your ear?  Whispering the lyrics to your favourite 80’s kids TV shows?  Please excuse the garlic.

So when is all of this going to happen?  I’ll be experimenting next week with the design and trying to make Calmer Chameleons look acceptable.  I intend to create a new Blog from scratch which may or may not be on Blogger. Please bear with me while I tinker with the damn, dirty thing and I’ll let you know as soon as I know.

Until then, things will be quiet around here until the new Blog launches. I intend to launch by the end of September, possibly sooner, but this is subject to change.  If you're feeling a little lost without regular updates from me, feel free to browse the extensive back catalogue of MfJ in the meantime, or perhaps you would like to enjoy this beautiful ballad about change:



Thank you all for putting up with my crap and I look forward to seeing you all on the other side.

22 comments:

  1. Good Luck Mr Addman. . . . You will always be Mr Addman to us (OK me) . . . . I look forward to Calmer Chameleons the new home of all those Drama Chameleons and Farmer Chameleons.

    And as my old dad would say . . . Never Harm a Chameleon . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yer auld da was wise, but I hear he used to eat lizards inside a roll of ham. He used to call them Parma Chameleons.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to the new look and new blog in general Adam. I also enjoy the new name. Except now I have that bloody song stuck in my head. I suppose it could be a worse song. Karma Chameleon is a fun song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does tend to stick in the old noggin. I find that it comes and goes, it comes and goes ooooohhh oh.

      Delete
  3. Hey wait, I know that guy. I've seen him before. He's on my Facebook. Did he hijack your blog? Oh God, did he hijack my Facebook? When will his tyranny end??

    (Good luck with the changes. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I would love to subjugate the populace with my face, I think it would be a lot of hard work that I'm not prepared to commit to. Go about your business citizen.

      Delete
  4. Nice to meet you, Adam?

    Well, this is awkward. The truth is that I only came around because the Jim Henson Co paid me to look in and make sure that there was no copyright infringement or libel going on.

    I might be out of a job now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that Boy George and the Culture Club might be interested in hiring you.

      Delete
    2. Calmer, calmer, calmer, calmer, calmer, calmer chameleon. You come and go. You come and gooooOOoOOooo.

      Delete
  5. Changes eh? Feds on your back is it? What ever the trouble you have got yourself in, running away and hiding is not the answer.

    But good luck with the changes.
    I have a few questions though:

    Will there be theme to the blog?

    Will there be chips n dips?

    Do I have to take my shoes off?

    What is this thing you humans call love?

    Who let the dogs out?

    and .. .. Will you be my Valentine*?



    *asking for a friend....

    Good luck fella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The answers to all those questions, and more, can be found, as always, in the human heart. Search within yourself padawan, and you will realise the truth. The truth that you let the dogs out when you forgot to close the gate!

      Thanks.

      Delete
  6. I was wondering what happened to all that. I thought you decided to just forget it and keep the muppets. Bold move showing your face (which, strangely, is exactly how I pictured you, minus a couple dozen stone of weight). I would follow suit if I wasn't paralyzed with fear that my online rambling wouldn't irrevocably impede my employability. Does this mean a change in URL?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You imagined me to be fat?!

      *runs away sobbing to the biscuit tin*

      I think a URL change is in order. I'll let you all know here before it happens.

      Delete
  7. I hope there's a dubbed version of Culture Club's song that plays every time someone visits the site. I hope I have to sit through the whole song before viewing the content of the site, too.

    I want the name of this new blog to be drilled into my subconscious so that I may never go a minute without checking in on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you are my kind of reader, Chiz. If I could sing without the hounds of hell piping up, I'd probably record a promo of me singing this.

      Delete
  8. I've been off the blogging channel for several months and today I am going back through to discover several people have made changed. Changed sites, changed names, started new blogs. It's going to take a while to get caught up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's difficult to get back in the Blogging saddle when several of us keep bucking around like lunatics. Please bear with me and I'm sure I'll have more news soon.

      Delete
  9. You've encouraged me to continue considering a blog makeover. (I've been thinking about changing "Sick B*tch" to something more positive...?)

    You're quite attractive Adam. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could change your Blog name to "Healthy B*tch". That's a bit more positive isn't it?

      Thanks for the feedback on my face. I've spent the last few years of my Blogging trying to sculpt it to perfection before I released it to the general public. You should have seen some of the prototypes...

      Delete
  10. Are you still here Mr Addman . . . .It has been a while since we have seen you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still alive. Unfortunately I've chosen to update my Blog while moving house, getting a new job, traveling, and playing at being a journalist in my spare time. I will have more news soon, and you'll be the first to know (after me).

      Delete
    2. That is a lot to take on . . . .so good luck. The blog will wait.

      Delete

Leave me a nice comment or die trying.