Friday 16 March 2012

Never Be Boney

To the tune of The Feeling - Never Be Lonely:



People with food get fat and foolish

People with food get their diets wrong
People with food get scared of salad
People with food get everything wrong


At least they’re not boney
At least they’re not boney
They’ll never be boney


B-B-B-Baby I th-th-think my pie needs more gravy
It just doesn’t taste the same without you


They tell me to bake it
But I just do not know how to make it
It won’t taste the same without you


People with food need hospital treatment
People with food their diets are wrong
People with food their hearts take a beating
People with food get everything wrong


At least they’re not boney
At least they’re not boney
They’ll never be boney


B-B-B-Baby I th-th-think my pie needs more gravy
It just doesn’t taste the same without you


I guess I could buy it
But I couldn’t bring myself to bite it
It won’t taste the same without you


Never be boney x 100


--------


Anyway, now that I've got that out of my system, I'm thinking of getting this place in shape ready for the A-Z challenge.  The layout looks a bit drab and generic these days, and I reckon it could do with a bit of a spruce.  Bearing in mind that there are amoeba on Saturn with more artistic talent than me, can anyone give me some tips as to what would make this place look better?  I'd like to get a better banner which incorporates the cookiemonster image, but the Muppets For Justice slogan could do with looking better.  All tips and suggestions welcome.

Also, despite declaring how Facebook makes my blood boil like a Piers Morgan sex tape, I'm thinking about how social media might be useful in spreading the word.  In other words, is it a good idea to create a Muppets For Justice Facebook page?

Thanks in advance.

8 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at this post because I purchased loads of "healthy" foods last night with the goal of getting slightly-more boney. :P

    Anyway, yes to the Facebook page. It's another outlet for being able to connect to people once you have a new post up.

    As for the blog's design: you could consider changing the layout of the text's color scheme to something brighter. Not like neon-pink or Big Bird yellow. I say this because sometimes reading white text with a dark background makes my eyes wobble. :P

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been thinking of fixing up my blog too but school has been occupying all my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are going to do your own art/banners whatever, I suggest using GIMP. It's very powerful, but the learning curve can be more of a cliff. The tutorials are quite good though.

    Other than that... More muppets? Or maybe more Justice? You could have a picture of Kermit kissing Wonder Woman.

    Muppets4Justice4ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a Muppets for Justice Facebook page, would be hugely popular!

    Bloggertemplates.com have some great templates but they don't always incorporate all the features, such as +1.

    And because I've now got that sodding tune in my head, I have to go and dig out that bloody album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My good man, I may have the information you desire and get this...I'll waive the oral sex payment I usually require. I do art junk with computers. I can take a crack at a banner for you, if you'd like. Though, they usually end up with a hairy fat man, wrapped in a towel as a center piece...I don't know why.

    A Facebook page is also a great way to spread the word on your blog. That and posting a link to it in your status every once in a while helps to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you, like a modern Weird Al and $#!%.
    I support a new layout, but am perhaps worse at interneting than my 90 year old grandma. I support your A-Z challenge entry madness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like a Piers Morgan sex tape... interesting comparison, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @The Beans - I've suspected the white text and black writing may not be the best combination for a while. I'll try and come up with something a little easier to read. Thanks.

    @Dwei - School can wait, Blogging is much more important! At least, that's what a guy who isn't in school would say.

    @Ash -It's impossible to fit more Muppets on this page. One muppet is more than muppety enough.

    @Lily - Haha, you own their album! *psst, can I borrow it?* Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.

    @Elton - I would be very honoured. Would you mind having a pop and seeing if you can create something a little more awesome? I quite like the cookiemonster image I have, but I hate the font. Would you be able to keep the picture, but make a more colourful banner, with better text? I'll find some way of paying you back. My oral technique is excellent.

    @Pickleope - Weird Al is still going, isn't he? If not, my ten year old self would be gutted.

    @Nathan - Interesting doesn't cover it. Try "repugnant, turgid, gut-liquefying" and you're halfway there.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a nice comment or die trying.