So, when you reach 18 and you are still reaching all-time lows on a five-a-day basis, you start to realize that even adults can make mistakes. I was recently inspired by a post over at the wonderful Scarlett Wonderland (seriously, visit her Blog for further fun and shenanigans) which detailed her 3 biggest blunders of her mature life. Naturally, this got me thinking about the stupid crap I’ve done since I turned 18 and, coming up with far more than 3 and being unable to choose between them, I decided to list them. This list is not in chronological order, nor is it in chronological disorder. It just is.
1. Used an old pizza box as a bathmat for 6 months. In my defense, I simply couldn’t be arsed to buy one.
2. Made a double-decker sofa by fixing a bed frame onto some struts and putting a bean bag on top. It was all going well until someone decided to sit on the top storey, at which point I realized that Blu-Tak wouldn’t support the weight of a human.
3. Called the local cryptozoologist to examine genuine chupacabra scat in my back garden. The black droppings turned out to be roasted bees from the “Barbeque Under the Beehive” event that I hosted the day before. Well, that and a bit of my own scat that I used to claim my territory.
|Tasty when grilled|
4. I once bought a pineapple under the sea to be more like my hero, Mickey Mouse. The estate agent who sold it to me was a shady character; absorbent and yellow and porous was he. He also didn’t explain that I’d have to have gills to fully utilize this piece of real estate, meaning that I lost most of my savings in the process.
5. Tried to plumb in my own bathtub, only to inadvertently create a sentient robot made entirely from brass pipes and powered by steam. The robot couldn’t speak or move since I didn’t give him limbs or a mouth; all he could do was whistle in pain as piping hot steam scalded his body. A local steampunk convention travelled across the country to set up in my front room, which was annoying when I was trying to watch Take Me Out.
6. Broke gravity by gluing some buttered toast onto a cat’s back and throwing it in the air. The cat couldn’t land for days until, eventually, the realm of physics was destroyed and had to be restarted.
7. Offered to make balloon animals at a kid’s birthday party, but didn’t have any balloons. Luckily, I had a fresh supply of condoms that had only been partially used (managed to avoid a massive fail with that one).
8. Went on a voyage to the bottom of my goldfish tank to find ancient treasure. It turned out the treasure was cursed by Aztecs, which gave me numerous medical conditions such as impotence and an irrational fear of Philip Schofield.
9. Accidentally, yet purposefully, ran over the cat next door, simply because it was prettier than me.
10. Went around irritated for three weeks because I could feel something in my eye. Turned out it was my eyeball.
That’s all the embarrassing things I dare to list right now. You guys better not take the piss out of me. I’m sharing my inner soul here. My cat-killing, cursed soul that is, but my soul nonetheless!