Friday 27 April 2012

X - Xenophilia


No doubt you’re already aware of xenophobia, the fear of foreigners.  It’s something that right-wing government parties are routinely accused of, mainly because they don’t like foreigners very much.  You’ve probably, at some point in your life, come across a person or two who could easily be described as xenophobic.  Maybe they declared hatred of a minority because they “take all our jobs and women” (as opposed to looking at themselves and realising that they are lazy and shit at sex).

During my more immature days (I now only show my bum at classy events, rather than at random as I did in my youth), I used to try and counter this with a wave of xenophilia; an overwhelming passion for foreigners.

I once signed up to a message board named “Fly The Flag”.  The main goal of this jingoistic forum was to campaign to the government for the right to put up St George’s flags all over their homes, cars, dogs and children.  They believed it was illegal to display a St George cross due to political correctness, as it might offend immigrants.  While I’d like to point out that putting up English flags in every window of your home and having them tattooed on your boorish, hairy arms is utterly tasteless (as tasteless as inviting Abu Hamza to a finger buffet), it is not illegal.

The moron's calling card

So I did what any left-leaning rapscallion would do, I trolled the fucking British bulldogs out of them.  I hope you’ll forgive me for my sins, as I said, I was young and bored.  I created an account and operated under the guise that I’d misunderstood the intentions of the board.  I acted as though I’d joined a group of people with a fetish for foreigners.

My first thread was subtly titled “Come One, Come All, Glorious Immigrants”.  A lot of the forum’s denizens simply thought I was being ironic and responded with comments like “yer come on paki basterds. Its not like wer full”.  A few people then sent me private messages asking if I was serious.  Obviously, my intentions had been expressed in the fullest, so I opted to create a more controversial thread.

My next form of attack was a thread called “Beyonce Is British”, in which I claimed that the bootilicious singer had an English heritage that stretched back to the Celts.  I received many outraged comments, many from a chap called Shonfield who called me many racist names, including “sand-n***** sympathiser”, which was a bit difficult to get my head around.  It was at this point that I dropped the bombshell that foreign women were generally more attractive than English women. 

This claim spawned hundreds of replies, each one more illegible than the last.  I wish I had saved some of the correspondence, but then again, reading that discussion might make you lose all hope for humanity.  Many people speculated on my ethnicity (I’m white and British by the way), claimed I loved the Euro (I don’t have a problem with a single currency), and that I was looking for handouts (I’ve never claimed a benefit in my life.  I wouldn’t even know how).

FILTHY FORRIN COIN!

 I did, however, save one message sent to me by the aforementioned Shonfield.  I’ll leave you with his staggering stupidity, but before I go, I just want to say that I am in no way proud of what I did, and trolling is generally a bad idea.

“do you seriously think the beyonce is celtic? she has blond hair for starters. she woud have red hair. shes also black and lives in usa.  i don’t know who your trying to kid mate but i reckon you should fuck off before you get into proper trouble. a lot of blokes on here have beat the shit out of nerds like you for less.  don’t think you can hide in the basement from the big bad men.  then they can explain to your mum why your unpatriotic and she will kick the shit out of you too. i bet you love immigrants so much because you were raped by one.”

16 comments:

  1. I remember an immigrant once said to me, "I'm going to rape you until you love me." They are notorious for that.

    Hilarious post! Good thing I didn't end up writing about xenophilia as I had planned because your post would've blown mine back to the country it came from. You have convinced me to troll some of these forums. Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't recommend it, not unless you want to lose all compassion for your fellow man. Glad you enjoyed it though.

      Delete
  2. Hilarious. Might I suggest that had you got yer bum tattooed with said English flag you might have experienced less xenophobia and more xenophilia! I did xenophobia today. God these x's are a bugger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that'd cause more problems with the St George's crowd. Especially if I had it tattooed across both cheeks, because they wouldn't enjoy the photos of poo coming out of the middle of their flag.

      Delete
  3. I love what you did! I admit to trolling religious forums...the Jehovah's Witnesses in particular. Before anyone thinks that I am this horrible person, I was raised in that mess of a cult and therefore feel entitled to do a bit of trolling. :) Closed minded people are a group that I'll just never understand. Great post. Thanks for the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not proud of it, but it feels kind of cathartic to write about it retrospectively.

      As for Jehovah's Witnesses, is it true that they don't believe in blood transfusions and would happily let a member of their family die rather than let the hospital perform one?

      Delete
  4. Dropping the Abu Hamza reference killed me. Hilarious. Any time you can troll racist xenophobes, you've done the work of the angels. That guy Shonfield, holy crap-for-brains. Beyonce's blond? People who aren't racist often say, "I'm colorblind." That racist might actually be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being colourblind is the least of his worries. Besides he couldn't get any medical treatment for it because immigrants are getting it all.

      Delete
  5. xenophilia now that is a great term.
    Totally salute your trolling of the far right - personally I'd hoped that when they forced the BNP to accept all ethnic backgrounds it would have led to people like Shonfield becoming a minority in their own party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was pretty hilarious, but it was even funnier when the bnp had a christmas party and someone booked them a black dj.

      Delete
  6. I love aliens also.
    Especially Martians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're alright, but I prefer the three breasted venusian aliens. They make a great spag bol.

      Delete
  7. I've never done the whole trolling thing because it makes me cry when I upset people. Once, I went on Yahoo answers to ask if Mexican women were considered attractive by German men because I was thinking about taking a holiday there. The response was not very nice. Turns out they wanted me to stay away from Hitlerland, so I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That isn't fair. I'm sure there are plenty of german gentlemen who would love to poo on you.

      Delete
  8. Gee. Albion sure sounds like a jolly old fun place to visit. I bet your compatriots will love consorting with an American who happens to be of Cuban and Colombian descent and who speaks French. :P

    I do think the St. George's cross flag is an awesome one, by the way. When you mentioned that it isn't displayed often (with I imagine the exception of public sporting events) for fears of insulting foreigners, it reminded me of how the French don't wave their tricolor unless it is by a governmental building. For someone who is used to seeing the American flag displayed ubiquitously, even perched atop a McDonald's flagpole, it made me scratch my head as I wondered why people were afraid of being proud and patriotic.

    A difference of cultures, I suppose.

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't get me wrong, people do display the cross. However, there was a popular myth a few years ago that due to political correctness, you couldn't have the flag up in case you offended immigrants. This is not true.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a nice comment or die trying.